Friday, December 05, 2008

MANJIMUP - Fonty's Pool

www.fontyspool.com.au
it's worth the visit
and tell em "Dave n Rae" sent you!


Fonty's - I fondly remember Fonty's Pool from my childhood when Mum n Dad took me there on one of our caravanning holidays. I remember the big tubes from Tractor Tyres - floating about. Cold as! But ohhh so pretty!

These days Fonty's is owned by Jeremy and Kelly, friends of Dave's. We were so lucky to stay with them at Fontys for just over a week. Jeremy and Kelly are in the long process of improving and upgrading the facitlities of the park, and Dave was able to give Jeremy a bit of a hand here and there. While we were staying in Manjimup, we went for a few trips around the place, Dave and I went to Pemberton, climbed the Diamond Tree (which had absolutely no diamonds on it anywhere - Climbed the whole way up and.... NOTHIN!)Dave and Jeremy also managed to go for a surf, and play a few holes of Golf. I took myself for a drive to Bridgetown (only place to get Breakfast on a Sunday morning)

The kids loved the scooter...
This is most of the family on the scooter - this photo takes me back to Bangkok :)
I did have a few arguements with Trav as to who had ownership of the scooter. He's a bit of a cutie, and the two girls, Carly and Josie were awesome! Very accomplished friendly and capable young ladies - who take care of Trav or help with customers!

This is Dave at the end of the day... having a nice cold home brew... Can you guess what he is thinking...
Yep.. "THIS IS THE LIFE....."

No comments: