Thursday, June 08, 2006

When a day looks bleak

yesterday was a bad day.....
it started when I woke up to Dave giving me a gentle nudge to tell me that it was 8.00am.... NOOOO - I really didn't want to play the "get up and go" game... no not at all... by the time i had showered and got ready I had 10 minutes to get myself to Macca's for my coffee salvation and get on to work...
After stressfully waiting in the absurdly long queue of cars in the drivethru they gave me the grave news that their coffee machine was broken..... aaarrggh!

I was left with no time to go anywhere else and had to go to work empty handed... I couldn't even get Davie to go and get me a coffee - some rubbish about being in class and exams... hmmpf!
Eventually I decided that things were looking pretty drastic and I had to take extreme measures for my much needed caffeine hit, I humbled myself and got a coffee from the canteen - siiiigh!
and so began a day without good coffee...

This experience brought to mind a saying I read in a colleagues office....
"Bad Coffee is the kind of stuff that starts wars, harms kittens and generally brings the world closer to the brink of destruction."
(unknown)

and yesterday it seemed so very true...


No comments: